DigiLock App – Free, Secure, Fast and Super Useful
If I have to term in it few words, it would be, “must have app” and the applicability goes beyond documents getting available online.
My personal experience:
The app will ask for your Aadhaar and Mobile No. to start with and rest everything else is seamless. After getting Aadhar verified, I went on to add other documents, depending on agencies/parties who have partnered with DidgiLokcer
I was able to add car insurance through Bajaj & ICICI in a seamless manner, the addition of my car’s registration details was the real but it went seamlessly. Considering the access to car registration asks for 3 sets of data, I wasn’t too sure of it to work, but it was, one attempt and I have RC in the Digi Locker.
What’s missing – The app must one two levels of authentication since it has personal information. Anybody with access to your phone, can all the details without any hassle
How can I get a DigiLocker account?
Signing up for DigiLocker is easy – all you need is your mobile number.
- Your mobile number will be authenticated by sending an OTP (one-time password) followed by selecting a username & password. This will create your DigiLocker account.
- After your DigiLocker account is successfully created, you can voluntarily provide your Aadhaar number (issued by UIDAI) to avail additional services.
- Dedicated 10MB free personal storage space, linked to each resident’s Aadhaar, to securely store e-documents and to store URI link of e-documents for accessing them directly from the repositories.
- Sharing of secured e-documents with requesters.
- Currently accessible via web portal, will be made accessible through mobile application also.
- Integrated e-Sign service to digitally sign documents (refer e-Sign Brochure).
DigiLock App Review
Must have app, with driving license integration, it becomes extremely useful.