Lots of news floating around on social media on FasTag, this is a change and all the changes have its impact, on long term will have significant impact.
I travelled between 15-17 Dec on Delhi to Bikaner highway and had a very positive experience with FasTag, some niggling issues for sure. Few pointers below:
- I crossed 4 tolls where FasTag was applicable and at least on 2 of them, its was smooth and one I had to move my vehicle couple of times to get it scanned but it did work
- My FasTag is through Paytm, it does not sync on real time. I was struggling to find how much balance I had left or how much I was charged, no notification at all
- Majority of toll plazas in Rajasthan, did not accept FasTag at all, absolutely no reference to it as well. A curious question from you, will have a curious answer and I am hoping it gets implemented pan India.
Over a period of time, the technology is going to be fine-tuned and I can dream of breezing through the toll plazas.
Here is what you can do and support:
- Have patience, the technology is working, we are moving in right direction
- Ensure your windscreen is clean, gets easy for system to scan
- Keep some buffer in your FasTag account, people are getting as real time data sync is not happening and we enter in lane with insufficient fund
- Cooperate with the toll plaza employees, they are happy to help if it doesn’t work, give your feedback, let the government know about it.